Skip to Content

Residency Requirements

Residency Requirements

Residency Reclassification

Tuition rates for Utah residents and non-residents are based on Utah State Law, 53B-89-102 , and the Board of Regents R512 Policy.

According to the law, a student must have maintained continuous residency in Utah for one full year to be eligible for a residency change. Applicants must also sign a written declaration that they have relinquished residency in another state and submit objective evidence that they have established residency. Forms of proof can include:  a Utah driver’s license, Utah voter registration, vehicle registration, proof of employment, proof of student status, Utah tax return. Residency applications are due seven days after the first day of classes.

A student must apply for residency reclassification and provide proof of what is claimed on the residency application.