MASTER OF ACCOUNTANCY PROGRAM OVERVIEW
The Dixie State University Master of Accountancy (MAcc) degree is a professional preparatory education designed to develop the future accounting and business professional. The MAcc degree will provide:
- An industry-ready content for the workplace
- Elevate opportunities in career placement and position potential
- A content-rich curriculum necessary to successfully sit for the CPA and CMA certification exams
MAcc Degree Program
The MAcc program is for students who have completed or will complete an undergraduate degree in accounting. Other interested students who have completed, or will complete an undergraduate degree in another discipline, may be eligible if they have taken or are currently enrolled in the necessary prerequisite accounting courses.
For the DSU Master of Accountancy (MAcc) program, the admissions committee evaluates candidates based on the GMAT score, undergraduate coursework and GPA, work experience (including internships), and honors and extracurricular activities accrued during the undergraduate program.
Application Requirements for Master of Accountancy Degree
Successful applicants to the Dixie State University master’s degree program must be academically strong and demonstrate leadership potential. Each applicant’s potential is evaluated on the following dimensions:
- Academic record, including areas of strength and trends in academic performance. Applicants must hold at least a bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in Accounting, or have completed the MAcc Foundation Courses.
- Academic, leadership and employment experience, which may be reflected by transcripts, employment history, and statement of purpose.
- Aptitude for graduate work in business, as measured by the Graduate Management Admission Test (GMAT) or the Graduate Record Examination (GRE), or approved waiver by the DSU Accounting Graduate Committee
Graduate Admission Process
All application materials MUST be submitted before an admissions decision will be made.
You will set up your user account by selecting ‘Returning users or First-time users’ and login or set up account.
Application Fee (non-refundable)
A $50 application fee must accompany application materials.
For applicants to the full-time programs, a copy of a current résumé is required. Be certain that your résumé indicates your full-time and part-time employment history, extracurricular collegiate, professional, and community activities, honors and awards, and foreign language proficiency.
Official transcripts from each college or university you attended, undergraduate and graduate, are required. Course work completed at one institution and posted on the transcript of a second institution is not acceptable. A transcript from the original institution is required (this includes summer course work, exchange programs, etc.). Transcripts must be received in sealed envelopes.
Letters of Recommendation
Two letters of recommendation are required in support of your application. *One should come from an individual who is familiar with your scholastic record and one should come from an individual who is familiar with your professional performance. The third (optional) letter can be from either a second academic or professional reference or from someone who knows you well and is familiar with your potential as a graduate student. Letters of recommendation are confidential, and will not be released to the applicant.
Statement of Purpose
Please provide a thoughtful essay response to the following questions. Please limit your response to two pages, double spaced.
- What are your short-term and long-term career goals? How will the master’s degree program you wish to complete help you achieve these goals?
- You are welcome to include any unique events, life experiences, and qualifications you feel distinguish your candidacy as well.
Official GMAT or GRE Score Report*
We require that the test administrator submit your score directly to Dixie State University. The appropriate test must be taken within five years of the semester in which you wish to enroll. Your application will not be processed until we have received your official GMAT/GRE score or have been approved for a waiver.