How do I order a transcript?
Transcripts can be ordered online, by fax, by mail, or in person. The cost is $7.50. Please include your full name, student ID (or SSN), years attended, address where transcripts should be sent, contact information (e-mail or phone). Include payment information (visa, mastercard, or discover credit card number and expiration date). Also, include your signature if mailing or faxing.
How do I apply for admission?
First, determine which category of student you are:
- New Student - A matriculated student who has never attended any college or university, including students who earned credit before graduating from high school. These students are NOT concurrent enrollment or early enrollment students.
- Transfer Student - A matriculated student who, after high school graduation, attended another college or university and did not attend Dixie State University.
- Returning Student - A matriculated student who previously attended Dixie State University after high school graduation but has not attended in three or more semesters, including students who may have attended another college or university since they were enrolled at Dixie State University.
- International Student - A matriculated or non-matriculated student who is not a U.S. citizen and has not received immigrant status from the U.S. Immigration and Naturalization Service.
- Non-degree Seeking - A non-matriculated student attending college classes for personal interest, enrichment, or growth.
- Home Schooled - Taught at home using other approved curriculum. Certified by Parent/Guardian.
See our admissions policy for additional definitions.
For New Students:
- Completed application
- $35.00 non-refundable fee
- Official high school transcripts or GED scores
- Test results (ACT, SAT, Accuplacer)
- If you are a transfer student, we need official college transcripts for all schools attended. If transferring more than 24 credits, however, then high school transcripts/test scores are not required.Submitting test scores may still be helpful, though, depending on which classes you are enrolling in for prerequisite checking.
To see requirements for the additional student types, refer to the Admissions Summary Sheet.
How will my credits transfer to Dixie?
There is a transfer credit equivalency lookup available. Simply find your institution in the list and submit to see how your credits will transfer.
Why can't I login to myDixie?
The most common reasons why students cannot login include:
- You are not fully admitted yet
- You are admitted but aren't entering the correct login & password (call 435-652-7777)
- You have entered the incorrect password more than three times and have been locked out.
- Your web browser is not accepting cookies (see google's article: How to Enable Cookies).
Your username is your Dixie ID number. (must begin with d)
Is my admissions application complete?
How do I apply for residency?
Complete the Application for Resident Classification and either drop it by the Registrar's Office, email to firstname.lastname@example.org, or fax it to (435) 879-4005, or mail it to DSU Registrar's Office, 225 S 700 E, St. George, UT 84770.
Please look here for a complete description of the residency requirements
Questions about Dates & Deadlines
Please refer to the Academic Calendar.
What are the Testing Center hours?
This information is located at the Testing Center Website
Where can I get a class schedule, catalog?
How can I schedule a campus tour? Request additional information about Dixie?
A tour can be scheduled either by filling out the online form.
or by calling 435-652-7590. Call the same number for an Information Packet.
Can my Parents see my Grades?
Due to the Family Educational Rights & Privacy Act (FERPA), your parents are
not entitled to this information unless they verify that you are still their
dependent for tax purposes, or you give them permission. This is accomplished
by filling out This Form, and either mailing or faxing (435-879-4005) to the Registrar's Office.
How do I apply for a scholarship?
If you have been admitted by the scholarship deadline, you are automatically considered for all academic scholarships based on your high school GPA and ACT or SAT test scores.
To apply for talent scholarships go to the:
Talent Scholarship Options