Frequently Asked Questions

Frequently Asked Questions

How do I order a transcript?

Transcripts can be ordered online, by fax, by mail, or in person. The cost is $5.00.
Please include your full name, student ID (or SSN), years attended, address
where transcripts should be sent, contact
information (e-mail or phone). Include payment information (visa, mastercard,
or discover credit card number and expiration date). Also, include your
signature if mailing or faxing.

How do I apply for admission?

First, determine which category of student you are:

  • New Student – A matriculated student who has never attended any college or university, including students who earned credit before graduating from high school. These students are NOT concurrent enrollment or early enrollment students.
  • Transfer Student – A matriculated student who, after high school graduation, attended another college or university and did not attend Dixie State University.
  • Returning Student – A matriculated student who previously attended Dixie State University after high school graduation but has not attended in three or more semesters, including students who may have attended another college or university since they were enrolled at Dixie State University.
  • International Student – A matriculated or non-matriculated student who is not a U.S. citizen and has not received immigrant status from the U.S. Immigration and Naturalization Service.
  • Non-degree Seeking – A non-matriculated student attending college classes for personal interest, enrichment, or growth.
  • Home Schooled – Taught at home using other approved curriculum. Certified
    by Parent/Guardian.

See our admissions policy for additional definitions.

For New Students:

  1. Completed application
  2. $35.00 non-refundable fee
  3. Official high school transcripts or GED scores
  4. Test results (ACT, SAT, Accuplacer)
    • If you are a transfer student, we need official
      college transcripts for all schools attended. If transferring more
      than 24 credits, however, then high school transcripts/test scores are not required.
      Submitting test scores may still be helpful, though, depending on
      which classes you are enrolling in for prerequisite checking.

To see requirements for the additional student types, refer to the Admissions Summary Sheet.

How will my credits transfer to Dixie?

There is a transfer credit equivalency lookup available. Simply find your institution in the list and submit to see how your credits will transfer.

Why can’t I login to myDixie?

The most common reasons why students cannot login include:

  1. You are not fully admitted yet (see here)
  2. You are admitted but aren’t entering the correct login & PIN number
    (call 652-7708)
  3. You have entered the incorrect PIN number more than three times and
    have been locked out.
  4. Your web browser is not accepting cookies (see google’s article: How to Enable Cookies).

You can use your banner student number or your social security number (without
slashes or dashes) for your user ID. Initially, your PIN is your six digit birth date.

Is my admissions application complete?

You can find out by contacting the admissions office phone: 435-652-7708, or email at

How do I apply for residency?

Complete the Application for Resident Classification and either drop it by the Registrar’s Office, fax it to (435) 879-4005, or mail it to DSU Registrar’s Office, 225 S 700 E, St. George, UT 84770.

For a complete description of the residency requirements,
go here

Questions about Dates & Deadlines

Please refer to our Academic Calendar.

Why were my classes dropped?

In addition to students dropping the courses themselves, you can also be
dropped if: a.) tuition is not paid by the tuition deadline, b.) you do not
attend the first class and have not notified your instructor. Your instructor
then has the prerogative of dropping you from his/her class, or c.) you do
not meet the prerequisite for the class, and the appropriate department has
discovered this and dropped you.

Why can’t I get into the class I’m trying to register for?

The primary reasons why a student cannot register for their class(s) include:

  • The course prerequisites have not been met (minimum test scores, need
    prior coursework, instructor permission needed, etc). If you have taken
    the prerequisite course, then your transfer work may not yet be posted on
    the system. Contact the advisement office (435-652-7690) to verify this or
    to contact transcript evaluation (435-652-7705).
  • Have not met the course corequisites (i.e. must also register for LIB-1010).
  • The student has a registration hold (have not attended orientation, owe
    money, etc.)

What are the Testing Center hours?

This information is located at the Testing Center Website

Where can I get a class schedule, catalog?

We no longer print the class schedule or catalog. They are available online at:

Class Schedule

University Catalog

How can I schedule a campus tour? Get an Information Packet?

A tour can be scheduled either by filling out the online form.
or by calling 435-652-7590. Call the same number for an Information Packet.

Can my Parents see my Grades?

Due to the Family Educational Rights & Privacy Act (FERPA), your parents are
not entitled to this information unless they verify that you are still their
dependent for tax purposes, or you give them permission. This is accomplished
by filling out This Form, and either mailing or faxing (435-879-4005) to the Registrar’s Office.

How do I apply for a scholarship?

When you apply for admission, you are automatically considered for an academic
scholarship based on your high school GPA and ACT (or other) test scores. The
difficulty of your course work is also taken into consideration. To apply for
talent scholarships go to the: Financial Aid Website